Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks. by violet

Sometimes life gives you exactly what you need. Last week was tough a week. And when anything goes horribly wrong, I want to run home to mom and have her take care of me, making everything OK again. Luckily, I was headed there for Thanksgiving where I knew my family would surround me.

There was a moment after turkey dinner when the party was at its height, I was chatting with my mom, my aunt and my step-mom over tea at the dinning room table. The rest of the group was in the living room watching the show that my niece, Chloe, was putting on. And just this warm feeling started to spread and I couldn’t help but smile to myself. While it’s not exactly Norman Rockwell, it is my family.

And I should say that Chloe did put on a show pretty much all weekend. When she wasn’t changing her outfits, she was dancing with her elbows high or trying to pet the cats (gently) or frosting cookies while eating all the sprinkles. She was also obsessed with my boots which came up to her hips.


One of her many outfits for the weekend.  In case you are keeping score at home it is jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a skirt, a dress, gloves, a hat and beads.


My boots



Soccer with Uncle Mike



Checking out the Polariods to help Chloe remember every one.  

In the end it was exactly what I needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment