Monday, November 23, 2009

listen to the music. by orange

This weekend was filled with music - and suprisingly not all holiday music (as my friends can atest to...i am Big into holiday tunes).  I will say though, I did listen to the first of many holiday songs to come this weekend.  I started the holiday music season with one of my favorites: "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey.  Can't go wrong with that.

Friday night:
Nector Lounge in Fremont, 11pm: SOTA - State of The Artist



I believe this may have been my first official Hip Hop concert - I enjoyed it.  I mean who doesn't like seeing someone in long john pajamas, with a crown on (Where the Wild Things Are theme) putting on the groove?  btw...you have to wait about 40 seconds for the song to really get going.

Sunday Night:
Moore Theater in Seattle: 7pm: Consider Concert
Including: Shawn McDonald, Ruth and Phillip LaRue

Now this concert was a bit bittersweet.  The music was good, however, the show was put together for the Kim Evanger Raney Foundation.  She passed away tragically about 2-3 years ago and her younger brother put together this foundation to spread the word to "Consider" - consider things greater than you, consider how you can add to this world, etc.  All the proceeds of this concert went to the various organizations that they support.  Now I do warn you - this foundation does have a bit of a God/Jesus twist to it.  Not that this is a bad thing at all...but just wanted to put it out there.  I view it as more spritual and just thinking about the world as a whole, thinking outside of your individual situations. 

My favorite tunes of the night included:

Shawn McDonald: Gravity




Phillip LaRue: Deeper Side of You

No comments:

Post a Comment