Tuesday, June 8, 2010

coverlet vs. duvet cover. by orange

I've talked a lot about duvet covers on this blog (here, here, here and here).  For my birthday back in April the husband treated me to a fantastic duvet cover - Hotel Collection - Silver Links.  The grey color, the mix in materials (rayon, linen, cotton and polyester), the pattern - I loved it all. 

But then...I started to realize that my dogs loved it too.  As our dogs basically each have a set of talons and one of them always snuggles up on our bed at night, our amazing duvet cover quickly became full of wrinkles and some snags.  As I'm very anal retentive about wrinkles and do not have the patience (nor the want) to iron the duvet cover once a week, I thought, crap - what am I doing to do?

So, I went back to Macy's and came across the coverlet in the collection.  For some reason...coverlet seemed...umm...old to me.  Not sure why - maybe because it reminds me of a quilt.  However, it won me over.  It is thicker material then the duvet, basically wrinkle-resistant and is enough fabric to cover the entire down duvet underneath. 

So here we are in June, and the coverlet still looks like the day I brought it home.

Woo hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment