Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice. by violet

Seattle has a long tradition of celebrating the Summer Solstice – with naked bikers. I should explain. Fremont is a hippie neighborhood that has a funky vibe to it. And every year there is a parade down the main street and part of this parade includes a group of body-painted naked bike riders.
Parade route

I’ve lived in Seattle for 5 years now and for the first time I saw this parade live and in person.
oragne and husband

Our friends Shelby and Nick now live in Fremont and had a few people over for a breakfast feast and a little get together pre parade.
I love this photo of Shelby and Nick

Then we hiked down the hill to watch the parade and giggle like school children at the naked bike riders.

Oh, and eat. A lot of food.

Matt and me eating pulled pork at Nectar

There are entirely too many pictures of me eating out there.
Shelby, me and Taiece at the street fair

So even though the weather didn’t cooperate we still had a summer-like time. And I’m anxiously awaiting the summer like weather to arrive.

Violet in flat black Born boots

p.s. p.s. My little digital camera broke over the weekend. I had wanted to tell you all about my excellent date night dinner at Mama Melina with J.P. but my little guy tweaked out as we were walking up to the restaurant. So, dear 7 readers, I ask in advance for you forgiveness over the next few weeks while it gets fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment