Sunday, January 17, 2010

good bye holidays. by orange

The husband thought that I would resist taking down the holiday decorations until Feb. 1st due to my love of all things Christmas.  This weekend, the de-christmas-fication of the Nicholson household begun.  All things Christmas holiday, except for the tree, are put away in the closet.  And the tree, well I blame that on not enough time (not sure if that is 100% accurate).  We missed the boy scout tree pick up...so we have to haul it to the dump.  And my in laws started the "you know you're a red neck when"...(your christmas tree is up...still.).  This week, or next weekend - I promise.

For Christmas I recieved a gift card from my in-laws to one of my favorite places - Pier 1.  So, with the holiday stockings down, the holiday pillows put away I thought it is the perfect time to put that gift card to good use.  Check out my findings...


pier 1 pillows that I've been eyeing for some time...on sale!


new piece to put above the fireplace


vase for the mantle - on sale as well!




some fun recycled magazine rubberband-like balls for the center of the dining table


not a new item...but from pier 1 as well, I "re-purposed" it to the fancy/living room area


the final look

retail therapy with a gift card really helped lift my un-holiday spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment