Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Love and Basketball. by orange

another sports movie...however with a fantastic love story: Love and Basketball.

If you grew up in the late 80s/90s and are a woman, I'd be surprised if you don't remember the scene where the couple in the movie finally make the move from friends to more after prom. The song from that scene is "This Woman's Work" by Maxwell.

Well one of my favorite artists Greg Laswell just (as in today) released a new EP called Covers. In this album he covers this song. See below for the comparison of them. (oh and the Maxwell video gives a fantastic montage of the movie!)





The husband asked me which version of the song I like better...and I just can't choose. The song by Maxwell just brings back how much I heart the movie, but I love Greg's voice and how he's changed the song. Purchase the cover here.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment