Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wicked Witch of the Northwest. by violet

I wouldn’t call myself a big musical person but I do enjoy them. And every once in awhile one comes through town that just looks too good to pass up. So when Lacy and Liz of my friends wanted to go see Wicked I said I was in.



In case you didn’t know Wicked is the retelling of the Wizard of Oz from the point of view of the Wicked Witch.


I read the book a long time ago. It was one of those books that I had heard a lot about and many people whose literary opinion I trusted said it was a good read but frankly I found the whole thing confusing. I was never sure what was going on and who was supposed to be what character from the Wizard of Oz. It might have done me good to watch the movie before I started reading.
So I thought the musical would do me some good to figure out just what I had missed. Come to find out apparently the musical and the book differ quiet significantly but, oh well.

Wicked was playing at the Paramount in Seattle. The Paramount is the great old theatre – I love to see shows there because it has a great old time movie house vibe to it. The history is really interesting, be sure to check out the link to read it all.

The show was great. It was a great one to see on the stage because there was a lot of great singing and spectacle. Rumor has it there’s a movie in the works – I can’t wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment