Tuesday, March 24, 2009

5 and 5. by orange

The grass is always greener on the other side...when you are blonde you want to be a red head (sound familiar?), when you are in the middle of a spitting rain storm in Seattle, you want to be on the beaches of Bora Bora...

Here is my list of 5 things I Love about being married and my 5 things I miss about being single.

Married Life

1. Have to say it - the husband. Knowing that I get to wake up to him every morning until I'm in a wheelchair makes me happy. Yeah...I know...cheesy.

2. Having someone else make dinner. This is Huge! as my cooking skills are definitely below par.


3. Payton & Meika - our two dogs. Not to say you can't have dogs without being married, but it does make it a bit easier having two care-takers.

4. Building a place called home for two. Pier One - one of my new best friends.

5. Doing errands and chores together. Not sexy, but let me tell you, things get done way faster with two people on the task.


Single Life Longings

1. All the free time. Not having to answer to anyone - it's all about you.

2. Apartment vs. House - houses are fun, however, mortgages are not.

3. Those beginning butterflies when you are just starting to get to know someone. Yes, I still get excited about the husband, but you know - those butterflies, tingly feeling in your stomach when there is just so much possibility.

4. Girls night - almost every weekend. Going out, getting tipsy and not having a care in the world. Ending the night with sleeping at a friend's house knowing a hangover breakfast is first on the agenda the next day.

5. My clothing budget. Well to be honest, in the single days I did not budget and I'm still working on implementing that :). However, when I didn't have too many money responsibilities (house, dogs, house heating bills, etc) I could be a bit more free with my disposable income.









No comments:

Post a Comment