Thursday, September 16, 2010

I heart fall. by violet

Although I love sunshine as much as the next California girl, fall is by far my favorite season.  The weather gets cooler, the leaves start to turn and suddenly there’s just a bounce in my step.  I feel like I should be heading to my 9:00 a.m. econ class instead of work. Friends start to gather inside around fire places while sipping on beers. Rainy Saturday nights are romantic with a movie and a bottle of wine.  Here are just a few of the tons of reasons that love fall.  
Football: I bleed green and yellow. My Saturdays are spoken for from now until hopefully at some point next year. Go Ducks!

Halloween: I love coming up with a costume, searching thrifts stores all to watch it come together in a flurry of glitter and fake eyelashes. Which reminds me, I need to start thinking about what I’m going to be this year? Sadly, no couple costumes.


The food: Pumpkin everything, rich hearty meals typically involving cheese, carbs and hearty meats which means it’s all delicious.


The fashion: Plaid, herringbone, grey, purple, men’s wear, layers, chunky sweaters, over-the-knee boots everything I love.


The weather: There’s nothing like a cool, crisp fall day to make me feel like I should be running through an apple orchard. I also love a good rainy Sunday to curl up on the coach drinking hot tea and watching movies without feeling like you are missing anything then falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof.


TV: It’s all back and this TV addict couldn’t be happier. Community, 30 Rock, The Office, Parenthood, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, How I Met Your Mother, GLEE, Modern Family, Dancing with the Stars, Parks and Recreation, and that's not even including the new shows.


Back to school shopping: Even though I’m years out of school it’s like Pavlov’s dog, every September I head back to the department stores for a wardrobe update and Staples for fun office supplies to make life in a cube a little more bearable. Something about spiffy file folders makes the work inside them seem more tolerable.



Violet in Ugg Cozy Knit slippers in brown

No comments:

Post a Comment