Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two down four to go (Part One). by violet

This past weekend J.P. and I were in San Luis Obispo the second of our six weddings this year.


Erin is my oldest friend. We met when I was 2 and she was 3 because our 6-year old brothers had bonded a summer day camp. I remember my time spent with Erin as filled with laughter and silliness. Something about hanging out with Erin was a recipe to get the giggles. I also remember being very jealous of her because she had a Snoopy son-cone maker.

We only went to the same school for one year out of our whole entire childhood, so it’s kind of amazing they we remained friends. After junior high we kind of drifted apart, more held together by family events and random holiday get-togethers. I should say her that her parents are amazing - her dad Gordon has one of the best laughs of all time and her mom was my confirmation sponsor when I was 13 and has always been incredible.

When I got her wedding invitation earlier this year I was a little bit overwhelmed by the thought. I was touched that she would think to include me in her special day. And although it added to an already busy summer I decided that I needed to be there, no matter what.

So J.P. and I traveled down to the Bay and to met up with my parents to drive the additional three hours to San Luis (somehow I had managed to live 18 years in California without making down there).  And guess where we stopped along the way?


The most delicious fast food burger ever.


Upon arrival I instantly knew what I was missing. We stayed at the most amazing hotel in Pismo (about 20 minutes away from San Luis) Dolphin Bay Resort. Our room had this incredibly view of the water and the staff continued to go out of their way to make our stay even better.


Although the wedding was the main event, we managed to get in a whole slew of other fun activities, including horseback riding on the beach. Full disclosure, I did fall off the horse. Not to worry, I’m ok, all digits intact.


There was also a tour of Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, shopping in downtown, biking and walks along the beach and J.P.’s first game of Scrabble.

I’ll give you all an update on the actual wedding soon but for now

Violet in Bridgeport Blue classic Toms

No comments:

Post a Comment