I’m in Portland for the next few days for work. And I do really dig this town. Here’s just a few of the many reasons why:
- University of Oregon pride is everywhere. I feel like I’m among friends.
- Mass transit – Portland does it right. Seattle should take notes
- Grid-like layout. For someone who gets lost all the time, Portland is great. It’s total grid. I still managed to get lost but the grid thing helps.
- Fun neighborhoods like The Pearl, Northeast, Hawthorne, NW 23rd.
- The vast amounts of great wines and beers to choose from.
- The traffic signs say Speed instead of Speed Limit which, actually, makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
- Rip City! This town loves their Blazers.
Violet, in BCBGeneration Holmy