Thursday, March 11, 2010

Off my Game. by violet

I’ve been feeling a bit off my game lately. Work has been busy and personal life has been busy. There are bills to pay, errands to run, laundry to do and bathrooms to clean but all I can muster when I get home from work is to sit on the couch.

I do a few things to help myself feel better when things aren’t exactly going my way.

- Eat. Clearly not very healthy attitude toward food but a chocolate covered macaroon from Whole Foods makes the world seem like a less horrible place. That and queso from Taco del Mar.

Not Taco del Mar but you get the point..
- Me time. I got home for a business trip to Portland around 5:00 last night. I probably should have logged back in and answered e-mails and cleaned out everything that had piled up while I was on the road but instead I sat in my favorite chair and read until J. got home two hours later. It was the best thing I could have done. No phone, no e-mail, no TV just me escaping into someone else’s life for awhile.


- Clear the calendar. J. and I tend to be planners. We fill our weekends with adventures, like ski weekends, BBQs, dinners, trips to Vashon, etc. All very fun things but it lends to the feeling of always being on the go. So this weekend, we are scheduling a little down time. A night in with a movie. Saturday to run errands. Sunday a run and time around the house to clean and organize.

Out and about
- Exercise. It’s almost guaranteed that if I’m feeling off I have not been exercising. Yup. Haven’t got the heart pumping since my six miles with Orange and Lacy last Saturday. Back on track tonight (thanks EC) and feeling really good about it.

Good to be back

- Write a list. This helps set my mind at ease about what I have to do. I don’t have to remember anything, it’s all written down. And it’s so gratifying to check things off.

I heart my Moleskin

- Wine. Enough said. 


What about you? What do you do when you feel like your life is a little bit out of your control?

Violet in Saucony ProGrid Ride 2 in white/black/coral

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same, lists to help organize, gym to de-stress and reading to take a break. I also enjoy coffee for all of the above and as my wallet permits, shopping for shoes and dresses is also an excellent way to de-stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! How could I have left off shoe shopping?

    ReplyDelete