Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Toulouse Twice

Twice during the past week, I have visited the newest addition to Lower Queen Anne, Toulouse Petit. I have to say it gets a resounding, meh.

What I didn’t like
- The service: My first experience was on a Friday night, the restaurant was busy but not packed. Supposedly we had reservations but we had to wait. Once we got seated our waiter was rude from the very beginning. During both of my visits it took an especially long time to bring the drinks we had ordered.

- The food: Two of the dishes the, the fried green tomatoes with crab and one of the shrimp appetizers, were drenched in mayo and didn’t have much flavor (I should note that it wasn’t even the app that we ordered).

What I liked
- The atmosphere: Much like its sister and neighbor Pesos lots of candle light, textured walls and deep U-shaped booths. The picture windows leading out to the street made for great people watching.

- The food: The French fries were amazing. My entre, a seasonal vegetarian special, gnocchi with mushrooms and truffle oil, was scrumptious. I could have licked the plate. And my companion’s order of the short ribs was amazing - rich and flavorful.

- The menu: It’s huge. If you can’t find something to like in the cook, then I’m not sure what to tell you.

- The drinks: One of their signature cocktails, the Katie Mae, was a favorite of mine. I love champagne cocktails so I’ll being coming back for another one of these.


So based off this list, I’m giving the place another shot. I’m hoping that with a little more time, some of the issues will get worked out, in particular between the servers and the bartender.

Violet in Paolo, green, peep-toe pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment