Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In New York. by violet

I often find that my Netflix queue is full of documentaries. I often feel the draw of movies that tell true stories and expose me to worlds I never knew existed.  
A few weeks ago, JP found the documentary Bill Cunningham New York about the New York Times photographer who takes photos for the On the Street section.  
Since JP is into photographer and I’m into fashion we decided to make a little date out of it with a stop off at Marination Mobile’s new brick and mortar restaurant.  

I started out the evening with one of their delicious SPAM sliders, I should have know it was going to be a good night.  Seriously.  A SPAM slider.  

But the night was all about the movie.  At the tiny Harvard exit theatre the crowd seemed to be Corning Arts College students, retired couples, fashionista hipster with JP and me. 
The movie was everything a good documentary should be.  It told the story of a man, whom I didn’t know much about walking into, transporting me into a compelling, heart-warming and touching world.  
Bill is utterly charming, often hilarious and draws you into to what he has done for decades.  This is a man who has lived his life with such integrity and passion that you cannot help but be inspired.  
I don’t want to give away too much about the movie because I’m going to tell you to run not walk to the theatre nearest you to see this movie. It will absolutely melt your heart.  
Violet Seychelles boots

No comments:

Post a Comment