Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Four Down. Two to Go. By violet

We turned the corner on weddings with JP’s cousin Courtney’s bash back in San Louis. It felt like déjà vu to be back in San Luis just a month after Erin’s wedding.

The first thing you should know about the bride and the groom know how to get down. The groom, Brad, works at Marston’s on the main drag of downtown. So they can bring it.

Once we got down to San Luis, we met up with some of JP’s family that was in town. His cousin Scott, brother of the bride was in from Oklahoma. He cracked me up the whole weekend.

Liz, the bride (cousin Courtney), Scott, the groom (Brad) and JP
Friday night was a meet and greet at Marston’s. I was my chance to meet some of the JP’s family, including the bride (!) and catch up with those I hadn’t seen in a while.


Saturday we spent wandering around downtown, but really it was too hot to do much more than duck in and out of air conditioned shops.

We rode a really cool trolley out to Spanish Oaks Ranch for the ceremony and reception.

The ranch was beautiful – rolling hills with a great view of sunset.


The bride was stunning. And the groomsmen we cracking me up – the highlight was getting the rings out of a Cracker Jack box.

Love this photo of father and daughter

As the sun went down the party heated up - Liz and I shut down the dance floor. Also genius flip flops for everyone.  My feet certainly thanked the bride and groom for that party favor!

The cousins
 On the way home, I even got to spend a little time with this lovely young lady which always cheers me up when I’m feeling blue. And there was also In-n-Out burger to put a smile on my face as well.


Chloe

Courtney and Brad, thanks so much for inviting us to be a part of your special day. It was a most excellent party.

Classic JP
 Next up, you’ll hear all about Lindsay and Neil, just as soon as JP processes the over 700 photos he took from the event.


Do you think I could get another piece of cake?

Violet in Jessica Simpson "Jessica" pump in ivory patent

ps Photos with the white borders are JP's.  Without are mine.  Notice the difference?

1 comment: