Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cin Cin. By Violet

So we are getting down to it with the weddings this year. I’ll tell you all about number four of six as soon as I can. But before that could happen we needed to celebrate Kenz saying good-bye to her singlehood.


When I checked in with the bride about planning her bachelorette party wasn’t too keen on the idea of hitting the clubs and dancing until dawn. So her amazing maid of honor and I planned a day of wine tasting instead.

Lucky for me, a co-worker of mine who knows Woodinville wineries like nobody’s business laid out a plan of attack for us. Even our lovely driver was impressed with our picks – thanks so much Shelby!

Speaking of our driver, as with these kinds of events, the driver can make or break your experience luckily Butler took care of us.

We started the day with brunch at my place – you need a good breakfast in you to get through a day of wine tasting. Then we were off to JM Cellars.

I’m pretty sure that if John at JM ever wanted to leave his wife, he’d have our whole van full of ladies waiting to be next in line. Not only was he an Oregon alumni rocking Duck gear in preparation for the game later that day but he also gave us a few barrel tastings and told us the story of how he started the winery.

Clearly, I had to support my fellow duck by purchasing a bottle of wine so a bottle of the 2004 Syrah came home with me. We probably could have stayed there all day but there were other wineries to visit.

Next up was Januik and Novelty Hill. It had a much different vibe than the more quaint JM Cellars. With the modern décor and packed tasting room – it felt a little cold in comparison. But the wine was still good.



Next stop was the decidedly much smaller Brian Carter. It was basically a trailer but luckily there was a lovely patio and the weather cooperated for an outdoor tasting.


Our last stop was a converted warehouse – Efeste. I’m just going to be honest, by this point I would have had a good time anywhere. But as luck would have it the guy pouring the wine was very nice and answered all of my questions. So a bottle of the bold Final-Final red blend was added to my collection.


Overall, it was a great alternative to your typical bachelorette party.

Violet in Born black boots

No comments:

Post a Comment