Thursday, March 31, 2011

I love Portland. One down four to go

I do love Portland, probably more than a person who has never lived there should. But some family and some good friends live there and I seem to visit it a whole lot so it almost feels like home.

And, yes, our wedding tally for 2011 is five.

JP and I headed down to P-town last weekend for my college friend Kelly’s wedding. Kelly is a sorority sister and former roommate. She’s both one of the toughest chicks I know and at the same time a huge softy who will cry at the drop of a hat. She’s fiercely loyal, athleticaly gifted, and both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious. Her love story with Matt is one that spans years. Kelly grew up playing softball with his older sister. They reconnected after college and fell in love which is pretty adorable.

Since the wedding was Saturday afternoon we decided to make a weekend out of it by leaving Friday after work. Of course that meant sitting in traffic which isn’t any fun for anyone but we got a drink with Tess and got an early start to the day on Saturday.

Since JP is not one to sit around all day we headed to breakfast at Bijou Cafe where I met these guys.


If I didn’t think that their owners were taking good care of them I would have taken them home with me.

Then we took a short tour of the Chinese Garden which was absolutely beautiful.

JP, Eric and Tess checking out the sites



Tess and I squeezed in some girl- time coffee as well. By that time we had to get gussied up for the wedding – since my reunion outfit had gone over so well the weekend before I decided to bust that out again.

Kelly and Matt’s ceremony and reception was at Pure Space in Northwest Portland – this ultra-cool modern warehouse space. The robin’s egg blue with black and white, gave the space a great spring feel. They even had a signature cocktail in just the right color blue too cool.

The bride with her dad

With a variety of food from Elephant’s there was something for every guest in attendace. My personal favorite was the beef stroganoff.

I was hungry
But the hit of the night was the photo “booth.” I put that in quotes because it was really more of a station. The props and instant print outs had us all coming back all evening long.



That was when we weren’t on the dance floor getting down.

Bust a move
Kelly, you’ve been an amazing friend for many years. While we may not see each other as often as I like, it always warms my heart to know that you are in my life. Thanks so much for including me in your most special of days. Matt is a very lucky man


Violet in BCBGeneration black pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment