Friday, March 2, 2012

Don't mess with...


Not be a braggart but I’m going to Austin next week to SXSW for work. Like I said sometimes my job does not suck.

Now just to be clear, I’m not going to the music part of the festival, I’m going to Interactive which is the nerdy part. And this is considered work since I will be supporting my agency’s efforts there as well as attend talks and report back to my team. It ain’t all fun and games.

However, I’ve wanted to go to Austin for some time now and I’m pretty excited about the prospect of spending time there. While business travel rarely affords you the luxury of exploring your surroundings there are a few items on my to-do list.
  • Eat at a taco truck. It’s not like we don’t have these here in Seattle or even where I grew up in California. I’m just going to go ahead and assume that Austin knows what they are doing in this respect.
  • Drink a margarita. See above.
  • Buy some cowboy boots. I’ve never been especially a country girl but cowboy boots seem like something every girl should have in her wardrobe.
  • Walk around the UT campus. For reasons unexplained I have a soft spot in my heart of the University of Texas. Maybe it’s the longhorns, maybe it’s the burnt orange, I really just don’t know. I won’t be too far from campus and it would be great to walk around and see the place.
  • Friday Night Lights Tour. Since this is my second all-time favorite TV show, I’d love to see a few of the spots where they filmed. Apparently, it’s not heard to do.
  • Go for a couple runs. We are getting down to it in terms of the wedding and after I took a week off, it’s really time to get back in the exercise groove. My friend and coworker told me she would pack her running shoes too so we can hold each other accountable. If we get in two over the five days I will be a happy camper.  
This might be more than is humanly possible, especially since I’m in sessions all day every day but it’s good to have goals right?

Violet in Frye Campus 14L boots in Saddle Montana (my fake cowboy boots)

No comments:

Post a Comment