Friday, October 12, 2012

Good Stuff

I don’t know about you but I tend to suck at follow through. I’m really good with coming up with ideas, grand plans and master schemes.  The whole making it happen thing? That’s a different story. 
I tend to be excited at the beginning and a few weeks down the road I let something slip because I’m busy or I just don’t feel like doing it right now. Then it all goes to hell.  I feel guilty, beat myself up and get back on the bandwagon or come up with a new master plan and start the same process all over again. See: working out, eating healthy, spending more time with friends, calling my family, pretty much every New Year’s resolution ever. 

When this blog first started, I wasn’t even here. Orange and her friend started it as a way to compare their married and single lives. When the original violet wasn’t so into the idea any more, I gladly stepped in to lend my voice. And it was fun. I loved sharing the stories of what was going on in my life, meals I was making and places I was going. 
And I did ok by myself for a while, letting that enthusiasm carry me. Things went pretty sideways when I really started planning the wedding. In 2012, I’ve barely logged one post per month. 
But lately I’ve been taking pictures of things, thinking of posts some even getting so far as half written but they never really seemed to find their way here. So I’m going to take that as a sign that it’s time to come back. 
So what am I saying?  There’s going to be good stuff here.  Hang in there with me.   
Violet in Corso Como Adma

No comments:

Post a Comment